Monday, December 26, 2011

My crowning moments in 2011


Above, my wife and daughter, Shasha received the NAMA Award on my behalf for my latest book 'Toriro and His Goats' from prominent novelist Charles Makari in February 2011. I am told that it was a colourful event. I was abroad on a work-leave. On 8 and 9 October, I read from Tudikidiki (in translation) to a capacity crowd at the Blantyre Arts Festival, Malawi. It was my first time in Malawi and my first to be in a foreign country whose major language I speak fluently! On 29 November, i presented a paper on 'manhood in the novels of Chenjerai Hove' at 'Traditions II: Everyday Lives of African Men' conference held in Addis Ababa. It was held in the historic Africa Hall. To crown it all, my short story book, 'Somewhere In This Country' has finally found its way onto the Advanced level Literature in English syllabus in my own Zimbabwe!

No comments:

Post a Comment